We have had students from all over the world attend our programs. If you fall into this category you’ll have some extra work to do, but as any of our international grads will tell you, it’s well worth your while.

If you are planning to study in a program in Canada that lasts six months or less, you do not need a study permit. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada. However, if you are taking a program over 6 months, you will require a study permit.


According to the information provided on the Citizen and Immigration Canada website to be eligible to study in Canada;

  • You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
  • You must have a provincial attestation letter from the province or territory that you plan to study.  Each designated learning institution has a limited number of these that can be given to qualified students.
  • You also must prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.  Aside from tuition fees, this is a minimum of an additional $20,635 CAD that you must show as available to you.
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.

Designated Learning Institution # (DLI#) for Vancouver Acting School is O19394452136

For Student Visa information contact a Canadian consulate or one of the following government offices:

Canada Customs & Revenue Agency
Public Enquiries Unit, Canada Customs
333 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 5R4
Tel: 1-604-666-0545

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
615 Prospect St. West 1st Floor
Fredericton, NB Canada E3B 7K5
Tel: 1-888-242-2100

Canada Customs & Revenue Agency
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 1J5


International students must have medical insurance coverage while studying in Canada. The Government of Canada does not pay for the medical costs of International students. Health coverage for International students varies between provinces. It is recommended that you make your own arrangements through private insurers such as Tugo before coming to Canada.


Just fill out the form below and one of our Future Student Representatives will contact you shortly and answer any of your questions.